Friday, February 26, 2010

Bye Bye Hillcrest House

We closed on our Hillcrest house on the 24th. It was very bittersweet. We are praising God that it sold in this market! But we were so sad to say goodbye to our precious little bungalow. We had such sweet memories there...when we bought it, it was in need of a lot of love. We scrubbed the walls, repainted, added crown molding all ourselves. Then we hired a guy to redo the kitchen, add in a bathroom and move some walls for us. It was our first remodel project together. It was our very first house we ever owned! We brought Baker home there, and I loved his nursery so much! Bear was conceived there too. That little house will always be home to me in my heart. We really had hoped that the Knoll Ridge house would sell so that we could move back into our cottage, but God has other plans. Now things really seem to be unfolding for us to join a couple in Honduras on the mission field. This experience has been a huge dying to self for me. It didn't work out the way I wanted, but I know it's the way God wants it, and His plans are far better, greater and more perfect than I could ever hope or dream. So I trust Him and rely on Him to comfort me in saying goodbye to our little home on Hillcrest.