Thursday, November 4, 2010

Birds and Brotherly Love

brothers working together
I took the boys to Hobby Lobby today to buy glitter for our school room and all of the Christmas decorations were out! It was refreshing to watch the boys' excitement at all of the decorations! It took me back to days like that with my Mama and I remember the same exhilaration as the stores became little winter wonderlands. Walking down the aisles, we ran across these darling bird houses. Baker was quite taken with them, and I thought it would be a wonderful art and nature project for him. So we picked one out and took it home. I set the paints up for him and got Bear distracted so that Baker could have a project of his own. I was pleasantly surprised when Bear discovered what Baker was doing and Baker asked him to help out! It was darling watching them...Baker was encouraging Bear and telling him what a good job he was doing! In his words, "Oh Bear! Good job little buddy! Mommy, look what Bear's doing. Doesn't our bird house look great?!" Yes my little sweetheart, it looks wonderful and your sweet love for little brother is breathtaking.

After the bird house is finished, we will have Daddo hang it up outside of our breakfast room window so we can watch the little birds (hopefully) make a home of it for the winter. We will fill the feeder which is nearby and hope to enjoy a very educational experience. I am so amazed at how God has placed into all His creation, to prepare for the winter months. If He provides a morsel for even the smallest of His creatures, how much more will He provide for us.

I met the kindest woman today at Bible study who has two grown sons just a little younger than myself. She spoke so much encouragement into my heart, I was so blessed. What stood out to me the most was hearing her speak of her sons and their relationship with each other. She said that they love each other dearly and keep one another accountable, that if they call each other out on something, there is immediate change. Isn't that the deep longing we have as mothers with sons? Proverbs 27:17 says: As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another. How amazing for me to be at the beginning of motherhood with two little boys and for God to bring this woman across my path...He was giving me a glimpse of the future, encouraging me! This woman's sons are a living testimony to her perseverance, prayers and faith in God. So the next time my boys are wrestling over the big dump truck, I won't get discouraged because I know that one day these little boys are going to be mighty men of God.